TLZ7 autoloader

From: Javier Aida <jaida_at_gmd.com.pe>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 13:11:19 -0500

Hi,
Don't know if this is a FAQ, sorry if it is. I have an TLZ7 autoloader, with a 4 tapes magazine. We have databases around 14 GB to backup, but the backup process ask for the next tape each time one tape is full, so we have to select next slot by pressing a button on this drive (around every hour). The question is : is there any way to avoid manually loading the tapes, so that when one tape is full, it's internally ejected and the next tape taken automatically ? Our idea is to say "backup this 14 GB on this drive" and go to sleep.
Of course, i'll summarize

TIA

Software Engineer - GMD S.A.
Tlf: +51 - 1 - 241-2626 Ext. 254