IP Aliasing telnet permission denied

From: Mike Ferris <mike_at_pps.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 11:57:40 -0300

   Hi

   I'm running a DEC ALPHA 1000 4/200 and have aliased a second IP Address
on the system. We are running DU3.2C. I can ping to the IP Address but when
I try to telnet to the address I receive the following error:

telnet 198.164.248.200
Trying 198.164.248.200...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Permission denied

I can telnet to the original IP address on the system. Any clues as to what
is happening or not happening as the case might be??

TIA

Mike Ferris
System Administrator webpage: http://www.pps.ca/tps.html
Total Pricing Systems email : mike_at_pps.ca
Moncton, N.B.