Forcing group on file creation

From: Mark Zander <mark_zander_at_mercury.spcc.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 08:19:59 -0500 ()

We have a situation where we have several users who
belong to multiple primary groups creating files in a
single directory. They all need to access the files, but
currently only people from their primary group can get to
them.

Everyone is also a member of one other group as a
secondary group, so I would like to force all the files
to be owned by that group when they are created.

Is there a way of doing this automatically (ie. just at
creation without having to do chgrp)?

Please respond to mzander_at_dagonet.spcc.com (it is a
direct route to me, not through any other mail gateways)

TIA!!!!

----------------------
Mark Zander ==> mark_zander_at_mercury.spcc.com
Operations Manager
Shepard Poorman Communications Corporation
Indianapolis, Indiana USA
Third Stone From The Sun
"If you act, as you think,
   The missing link, Synchronicity." - Sting
"Few would have known me if they dared." - Toto
"Why is it never light on my lawn, why does it rain and
   never say good day to the new born?" - Elton John
"How can I even try, I can never win?" - John Lennon