Problem with xbiff

From: <"Geert.VAN>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 16:29:33 +0200

Hi managers,

I have a problem related to xbiff. When new mail arrives, the xbiff flag goes up and the mailbox beeps.
(So far so good). However, after the next polling (30 seconds later by default), the flag goes down again although the mail hasn't been read and is still in the /usr/spool/mail directory. This causes a lot of anoyment.

Note: I used to have the same problem on my Ultrix machines, and it was solved by taking a xbiff executable from an earlier OS version.

Configuration: Alpha 2000 running DU 3.2D-1.
The /usr/spool/mail directory is mounted from an Ultrix system.

Any ideas as to why this is happening ?

Geert Van den Eede
Systems Manager
European Commission
Brussels - Belgium
e-mail: "geert.van den eede"_at_scic.cec.be