Clemson pop3 locks

From: managers account <managers_at_mannet.mcb.net>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 16:10:58 +0100 (BST)

We have been running the Clemson pop3 daemon for about a year and had few
problems. However the one nagging problem is that some users encounter a
lock in the mail directory which prevents them picking up the mail. It
seems to happen when a user receives a large quantity of mail in one
session (>20), although this is not always the case. Subsequent mail
retrievals fail.
 As some users never
get locked we wonder if it is the client at fault, or possibly telecoms.
Has anybody any ideas or know of bugs/patches?
THanks
Stuart McKenzie