Two-headed AlphaStation

From: Drew Kramer <drew_at_ny.ox.com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 96 11:58:11 -0400

Fellow DU Manglers, (err... Managers)

I've got a question which is probabaly not related directly to DU, however here
it is:

The X server wants to divide multiple display adapters into "screens". This
leads to the form hostname:displaynumber.screennumber where screen number can be
used to diferentiate the various graphics cards on the system.

Is there a way to have the X server consider the various graphics cards as a
single large screen? In this way, windows could be dragged from one monitor to
another, and single windows could span more than one monitor (a la MacOS).

Alternativly, is there a driver for the newer PCI based AlphaStations that would
support the STB graphics card? This is a single card that supports multiple (up
to four) monitors, but appears to the system as a single large screen. We are
currently using this card under WindowsNT without any problems.

Thanks in advance!

-drew
-------
USMail: OTA Limited Partnership E-mail: drew_at_ox.com
        1 Manhattanville Road Phone: +1 914 694 5800
        Purchase, New York 10577 FAX: +1 914 694 5831
                       "Welcome, to the machine..."