DLT on OSF 3.2

From: Shirley Chrisman <Shirley.Chrisman_at_asu.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 May 1996 11:23:55 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I have a Quantum DLT/2000XT cartridge tape drive hooked up to my Alpha (DEC
3000) / OSF 3.2 machine, which I need to use for rdumps. Can anyone tell me
what tape size and density setting has been successfully used? I only have
rmt (/usr/sbin/rmt). I do not have all the /dev/rmt* devices as indicated on
the man pages. Is there a standard command string that will do the rdump?
Also, I would like to do a no-rewind so I can rdump multiple filesystems (for
the individual machine) on a single tape. Since it looks like I only have
'rmt' on my machine, will I have to do (the dreaded....) manually create a
device file for this, and if so, where in the manuals (if I have the
appropriate ones), can I find this info?

Thanks for your help.

Shirley Chrisman
Information Technology
Arizona State University