From: <norton_at_nrlmry.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 15:42:26 -0700

I asked if the DEFPA-DA could be used in SAS mode. Thanks to all who
responded, and so quickly!

The answer is yes.

Armed with this and the newly uncovered manual I went back to double
check things. It turns out that if you have two sets of fibers coming
to a machine and only want to connect one set, you have to be sure
that the pairs didn't somehow get crossed at a patch panel :-)

The right fibers are now connected to the A connector and everybody
seems happy.

thanks
-dave