From: DEBRULER, BONNIE <DEBRULER_at_eglin.af.mil>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 08:08:44 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks to those who responded:

    Andrew C. Saylor asaylor_at_alpha.comsource.net
    lihsin lihsin_at_astro.phys.clemson.edu
    Bruce Whittaker bjw_at_anpnt22.anp.ansto.gov.au

The responses of course said RTFM which I had done. Should have mentioned
that I had used the setld -D option but the kernel rebuild necessary for
the realtime subsets fails looking for files from these subsets.

Mr. Whittaker suggested the following (paraphased):

    temporarily offload some of the /usr disk items to /usr/users
    install to /usr
    move the main directories to for the subsets to /usr/users
    create links to the appropriate /usr/users directories
    replace the temporarily offloaded software back to /usr

I may give this a try, when I have more time available, I have already
spent about 30 hours on this. (External optical disk drives are very very
very slow!). My guess is that the kernel re-gen. would still fail due to
the disk space limitations. In the mean time I have explained (creative
use of hammer) to the 'managing' parties that .5G is .5G and the realtime
subset installation and kernel re-gen., based on my experiences, will
simply not fit on this limited disk.

Thanks 'gain for your responses.

Bonnie DeBruler
debruler_at_eglin.af.mil