Servers hang during boot from CD

From: Pete Hendry <pgh_at_cs.strath.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 12:22:33 +0100

Thanks to philip_at_uvo.dec.com who hit the nail on the head.

>There should be an ECU diskette labelled for OSF/VMS shipped with the
>machine. As the system came with NT installed then
>it seems likely the last ECU diskette to be run on the machine was the
>one for
>NT.

We thought the engineers building the servers and installing our
pre-built disks were doing this but we missed it on our instructions :-(
All works fine just by running the ECU and selecting the save and exit
option.

Why we have to run an EISA config Utility on servers that have only PCI
cards is a mystery.

I wonder how many DEC engineers monitor this list. We get better response
than from our local support.

Thanks again for any other responses.

Pete.