C2 Security / X restriction

From: Dan Lawless <DAN_at_coastal.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 10:01:30 EST

Managers,

Since encountering folks trying to crack our password file, I'm
interested in what it takes to go to the C2 level of security that I
have heard mentioned on this list before. We're currently on an Alpha
5000/300 running a standard DU3.2 O/S.

What steps are necessary to attain the C2 level?
What packages must be purchased/installed?
Where may I find a description of the C2 level specifications?

Also, I need to restrict X access from certain machines and X
terminals. Is there a good source of information which describes
what steps are needed to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Dan Lawless
Systems Administration