patch access options?

From: Gyula Szokoly <szgyula_at_skysrv.Pha.Jhu.EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 15:05:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

  I'm trying to find a way to get access to Digital Unix/Layered products
patches. I spend most of the day on it, and nobody could tell me what
kind of contract I need. I do not (repeat do not) want phone support
(we can't really afford it).
  So: does anybody know what I want? Sounds simple, but when I called
Dec, I had to explain many times that a 'patch' is not an OS upgrade, hence
it's not obvious that an upgrade contract will give me patch access. So
far no presales expert knew what an ECO was (for software -- they knew
what a hardware ECO was).
  The www.service.digital.com site seems to be the right one, except I need
to buy DSNlink. Well, how to buy it *without* phone support?

Thanks in advance,
  Gyula Szokoly