cslg licences

From: <nvbr_at_iitk.ernet.in>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 12:09:10 +0530

           TO WHOM SO EVER IT MAY CONCERN
          ( of Digital Equipment Corporation )

Our CSLG licences WERE EXPIRED on May 26 th.

We did not get any New licences so far.

The worst thing is that DEC India Ltd is NOT concerned about
our problem at all.

They are NOT respondong at all. This is the cituation after
6 months of our best efforts to initiate the process of
renewing licences.

This experience is NOT the first one. Last year we got
licences in November which we should have got in April.

We have about 30-40 systems in the campus (IIT kanpur).

We bought 2 new DEC systems (thru CMC Ltd, India), we did not
proper PAKs with the new system. The system can not be used even
after 2 months, as usr PAK is not present.
No user is allowed to login in.
I do not know whom to blame(DEC or cmc or both OR myself for
deciding on DEC system!)

Dear Alpha Managers, what is your experience in this regard?

Can you suggest any solution?

Thanks

Brahmaji

System Admin