AdvFS problems: Can you remove a domain

From: WHITTAKER, Bruce J <bjw_at_anpnt22.anp.ansto.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 13:25:17 +1000

Hi all,

I have been trying to reorganise our disk space, including moving domains
from one volume to another. However it appears that I can't actually remove
the association of a particular volume from the domain. (Note that I can
remove filesets, and can get a domain to the stage of being "not active" as
reported by showfdmn.) Also according to our System Administration guide,
it is not enough to remove links from /etc/fdmns.

Unfortunately we do not have a POLYCENTER Advanced File System Utilities
licence (I consider it prohibitively expensive here in Australia), and so we
are operating under those parts of AdvFS that are available from the
operating system as a default. Unfortunately this excludes the commands
"rmvol" and "rmfdmn" as they are not licensed.

So can anyone suggest ways of removing domains? At this point I'm
considering removing AdvFS, so any suggestions on how to remove AdvFS
entirely from our system may also be helpful?

Thanks in advance,

Bruce Whittaker