Disabling Screen locker in DU 4.0?

From: Paul Sears <sears_at_egr.uh.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 96 16:15:55 -0500

        Is there a way to disable screen locking with DU 4.0 and CDE (you know, the
little lock on the "Front Panel")? With 3.2x we only needed to change
permissions on /usr/bin/X11/dxpause. Is there a system-wide default or
configuration that we can set that the user _cannot_ override and enable
screenlocking?

        We have a lab of 26 Alphastations and users always lock their screens and go
to class. This effectively makes the workstation unusable for console
logins. We can't even enter the root password to unlock the screen which
means that I have to remotely kill the users processes. We attempted to
education and warn our (l)users and the best solution was to remove the
ability to lock the screen....

Thanks.

---
Paul S. Sears                *  sears_at_uh.edu (NeXTMail or MIME mail OK)
The University of Houston    *  <URL: http://www.egr.uh.edu/~sears/>
Engineering Computing Center *  System Administration
"Programming is like sex: One mistake and you support it a lifetime."
*******    I do not represent the University of Houston    *********