NSR Client Setup

From: Keller, Raymond L. RK0514 <RKeller_at_williams-int.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 96 10:03:00 PDT

I recently installed Networker Save and Restore V3.2 on an AlphaServer 1000A
under DU 3.2D-2.
As suggested by the Administrator's Guide, I did an test (immediate) backup
of one small file area using the Default group, which ran OK. I then tried
a recover, which also worked.

I then tried to set up a client. The NSR client software was installed and
licenses are in place on the server. I defined the client thru Client Setup
and assigned it to a different group (Users) which was defined using
Customize / Groups / Create. I then attempted to start a backup of group
User. No messages appeared in any of the windows. The only indication of
any change is that the Status field in the Group Control window shows
"Preview Run" for this group (and it has been that way for 2 days - even
thru a reboot).

Calls to DEC support have gone unanswered so far, and I have spent the time
searching the manuals for some clue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray Keller
Williams International
Walled Lake, Michigan