SUMMARY RE:DISK/PRINTER Problems

From: Pam Woods, Systems Manager <axsymgr_at_UAA.ALASKA.EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 17:07:51 -0800

Still no luck with the print portion of our question
(By the way the printer is local not a remote ..no network
involved.)

.... Summary From Jim (AFJTP_at_uaa.alaska.edu)

I was incorrectly assuming that during the installation
a new file system was created on each partition.
Instead, the command newfs had to be used to
be able to mount one of the partitions.

I tried to make the swap space start at the beginning of
the disk. It was pointed out that this can't be done because
the disklabel is stored near the beginning, and would be
overwritten by the swap space. It was suggested that
the end of the disk is a better place for swap space.

There were no useful suggestions on why the printer would
not work under DU4.0.

Thanks to all those who sent me suggestions,
especially Tom Blinn, Martyn Brown, and Marco Luchini

Jim Pantaleone