DEC Pathworks Lanmanager server and Case conversion

From: <bernards_at_ecn.nl>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 11:02:16 +0200

We run DEC pathworks for UNIX on 2 of our servers and we have
a bunch of developers working on both UNIX and Windows NT program sources.

DEC Pathworks converts all names created in NT to lowercase only , but files created on the
UNIX server like 'Makekefile' or 'Init_Socket.c' Don't show up.

Perfectly clear why this is the case, it's for preventing files to be overwritten
accidently when using mixed case.

SAMBA (PD) has a way to manage Name Mangling in smb.conf, but
there seems to be NO WAY I can control this behaviour in DEC Pathworks
for DEC UNIX other than convert or link all files to lowercase only
as far as I can see in the docs. Or maybe there someting I missed when RTFM.

On NT server shares, the filename casing is preserved.

Before I start convincing moving to NT servers or SAMBA, is there an option
to see mixed case filenames in DEC Pathworks on NT and Win95 clients ?

TIA

Marcel Bernards, UNIX & Net sysadm Netherlands Energy Research Foundation ECN
(and SURFnet IC/ICP), Phone: (+31 /0)224 564579 Fax: (+31 /0)224 561864
E-Mail: Bernards_at_ECN.NL, SnailMail: P.O. Box 1, 1755 ZG Petten
SCREAMNet : AAAAAARGHH!HUH?? : Disclaimer: "The AntiChrist is the Internet !"