Upgrade from 3.0b to 3.2c

From: managers account <managers_at_mannet.mcb.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 08:35:00 +0100 (BST)

We upgraded as per subject via 3.2 so it was two updates. The process
went smoothly after deleting the Decnet subsets which we don't use in the
internet environment. However there are a number of problems - some
major, some minor. I would appreciate any guidance.

1 All previously hosted domains outside our own (mcb.net) such as
iomad.com which were CNAME records in hosts.db have disappeared. This is
very embarrassing. Named is still the July 1995 version so update has
not changed the name server but the daemon log in syslog.dated has
numerous entries complaining that eg iomad.com is outside domain mcb.net
...ignored. If it worked as a simple CNAME pointer to our hostname
(mannet) before what has 3.2c done that stops it now and how do we map in
hosts.db so that registered domain names like iomad.com point to us?

2 DECTERM from the apllications menu does not start. The console log says
it is starting but that is the last reference and no window appears and
there is no error message on the console log.

3 tsch is the shell we have always used, but the capability to hihlight
text with the mouse and the click the righjt mouse button to replicate
the text (ie a mouse copy and paste) is lost.

There are other problems which I might refer to the list but I do not
want to take advantage of everybody's goodwill.
Stuart McKenzie