SUMMARY: Documentation set for DU 4.0

From: Mike Galuza <mgaluza_at_dejarnette.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 96 13:44:04 EDT

My original question was asked if there was new documentation for DU 4.0
because our distributor sent us DU 3.2c docs and claimed they didn't
change. I also asked how to search this lists archives. Thanks to all
who responded.

As for the documentation, there definitely is a difference between the
3.2c and 4.0 docs. We get the developers doc. kit and for 3.2c the
part # is QA-MT5AA-GZ, for 4.0 the part # is QA-MT5AE-GZ. From the
description I've been given it seems the easiest way to tell the docs
apart is that the 3.2c docs say "DEC OSF/1" on the spine, while the
4.0 docs say "Digital UNIX". The new docs are also color coded while the
old ones are white. Apparently the confusion we've seen in trying to
get the correct docs is a real problem within Digital. Our distributor
was given his misinformation by Digital's sales support staff!!

If I read this lists welcome message more closely I would have known
how to search the lists archives. Here is an excerpt from the message:

9: Alpha-OSF-Managers messages are archived and available via
    the World Wide Web (WWW) and anonymous FTP. The official Web
    archives are available at
    http://www.ornl.gov/cts/archives/mailing-lists/. The FTP archives
    are in
    ftp://ftp.ornl.gov/pub/archives/mailing_lists/alpha-osf-managers/.
    Unofficial Web archives are available at
    http://www-archive.stanford.edu/mail-archs.html and