raid array, again...

From: System Janitor <hubcap_at_hubcap.clemson.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 16:43:00 -0400 (EDT)

I have just configured in a 4 disk (4 gig each, Digital rz29's) array,
on a 3 channel pci controller (KZPSC-BA) on a 2100 4/275. I spread the
disks across channels, 2 disks on one channel, and one each on the other
two channels.

The configuration was easy and by the book. I got done thursday,
aug 15 at noon, and left it initializing the array (the last step
in the configuration process). Now, more than 24 hours later, it
is still only 93% done!

I have to believe that something is way wrong. Anyone got any
anecdotes about how long the initialization step took for them?
Any other thoughts on the matter (besides ``I hate RAID'' :-)...

-Mike