routing

From: Scott Johnson <scott_at_dsuper.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 12:40:33 -0400

Hi,

        I know this may not be DEC OSF related but I have a funny situation. I have a DEC 1000 used
as a router for my office. I have a class C that is on the other side of another server in my office
that is having problems. If I ping the class C from the DEC no problems and here is the route table
on it:

Routing tables
Destination Gateway Flags Refs Use Interface
Netmasks:
Inet 255.255.255.0

Route Tree for Protocol Family 2:
default 800mb-sec-14.MIX.N UG 1 5380109 tu0
localhost localhost UH 8 111341 lo0
198.168.78 oracle2 U 1 130 tu0
205.205.18 delphi UG 0 42592 tu1
205.205.255 oracle U 6 5615861 tu1

Everything looks fine. If I ping this class C (205.205.18) from out side my office it doesn't work. I
trace routed to see were the problem is and found the last address to be my NIC card on the WAN side
of my DEC. I can't explain this at all, is the problem in the DEC or is it caused from an outside
route table?

Thanks for any help.

Scott Johnson
scott_at_dsuper.net

P.S. Thanks to all who helped me in the past. I hope to be able to help this group in the future.