find command aborts when it shouldn't? (repost)

From: Harvey Rarback 312-702-9931 <RARBACK_at_cars3.uchicago.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 16:58:30 -0500 (CDT)

    Folks,

Last week I asked the question quoted below and got two replies. The replies
concerned how to make the find command not return errors, but that is not my
question. The error listed causes the find command to abort instead of just
returning the error and continuing down the directory tree. Thus I don't know
if it didn't return a file because it wasn't there or it aborted before
reaching the file. Is this a bug in Digital UNIX 4.0?

                                   --Harvey
   ----
Harvey Rarback phone: (312)702-9931
CARS fax: (312)702-5454
University of Chicago Internet: rarback_at_cars3.uchicago.edu
5640 South Ellis Avenue "Make no little plans. They have no magic to
Chicago, IL 60637 stir men's souls."