TZ885 and through put

From: Bivins, Jeff <BIVINS_at_nebeng.otis.utc.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 09:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

I forgot to mention that we are using Legato Networker as the backup
software. We are backing up 4 mirrored rz28's (total of 8) connected to a
EISA SWXCR raid controller and 4 mirrored rz29's (total of 8) and 5 (Raid 5)
rx29's connected to a PCI SWXCR raid controller. The data that is being
backed up are flat file database files. There are many files, some small and
some large. Total we are backing up 40,000 files that occupy 20 GB of disk
space.

 Hello all,

I have installed a TZ885 on a AlphaServer 2100. I am running DU 3.2b. I also
installed a KZPAA pci scsi adapter for the tz885. The rated speed for this
device is 6 GB per hour. I am getting 2.9 GB per hour.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Any suggestion on what might be going on ?

Thanks,

Jeff Bivins
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Otis Elevator