Missing Header files

From: G. Matthew Sweet <m_sweet_at_tec.nh.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 16:09:02 -0400

DEC Unix Gurus,

  I am experiencing some problems with missing header files on an OSF 3.0
Alpha station that I recently started working on. After trying to compile
GCC and WU-FTPD on this machine (with many problems) I discovered what
appears to be a very empty '/usr/include' directory. By very empty I mean
that stdio.h, time.h, string.h and a ton of others were missing. Furthur
searching found that these files were nowhere on the system. Since I had no
part in the installation of this system I assumed I was missing a subset. I
took a look at my working DU 3.2 machine a found a subset by the name
CXXHDRA120 which has a description of "DEC C++ headers for OSF/1 AXP
Systems". Assuming that this was the subset I was looking for, I went back
to work on the DU 3.0 machine to find that there was no mention of the said
subset. I have searched the CD-ROMs that came with the 3.0 machine nad have
had no luck finding any subset that comes close to the description. I'm sure
that there is something simple that I am missing, but I think I'm just
spinning my wheels at this point. Can anyone help? Please mail me directly
at m_sweet_at_tec.nh.us and I'll summarize my finding to the list.

Thanks,

G. Matthew Sweet

G. Matthew Sweet - Computer Technician for the NH Technical College System
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
 From Red Green