Generic PCI device driver for OSF/1 3.X and 4.X

From: Alan Ricker <alan_at_metheus.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 16:12:48 -0700

I have a PCI card which I want to manipulate in user mode.
I don't use any interrupts or DMA.
Features I need in the generic PCI driver would be:
        - Probe and get handle of PCI card passing in
          a particular PCI ID to search for
        - get dense I/O memory-mapped address of PCI card's
          memory/register spaces
        - function to do a input-port/output-port to I/O ports
          on the PCI card

Does anyone know if such a beast already exists in source
or binary form ?

Would it part of some DEC DDK for OSF/1 ?

I don't really want to write this kind of thing myself since
I assume all of the above functions need to be there for
people to write full-fledged device-specific device drivers.

Thanks for any help you can give me in this matter.

Regards,
        Alan Ricker
--
Alan Ricker                             Metheus Corporation
mailto:alan_at_metheus.com                 NW Compton Drive