QUESTION: DECserver's, printing and TCP/IP (telnet) DU3.2

From: <baranowskit_at_gdynia_at_genesis.prokom.gdynia.pl>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 96 21:01:16 cet

Hello managers.

I have problem.
My customer have installed DU 3.2c or DU 3.2d1 on AS 2100, DEChub 900MS,
DECserver (many models) and DECrepeater 90 family.
He is using LA 3xx and LA 424 printers connected into DECservers.

It work when he have LAT.
But now he divide his ethernet into segments and, because LAT is nonrouteable, I
was reconfigure his installation to use TCP/IP.
All is ok, but no printers. I try "decspool.c" "telnetfilter.c" and it still
doesn't work.
Sometime (frequently) when something is printed, there is half of banner
printout and nothing more.
Moreover, after this I cannot connect to this port again.

Can anyone help me.
I'm interested also in other solutions of printing over TCP/IP.
Probably we will use AXIS printservers, did anyone have problems with AXIS'es.

TIA,
Regards,
Tomasz Baranowski, PROKOM, Poland