yp and tcpd weirdness

From: BigRedDog <ckrieger_at_latrade.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 10:20:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,
     I have been having some problems that may ore may not be related.
They all started shortly after we moved offices and put all our
development machines on a new network.

1) We are getting some problems with not being able to telnet to one of
our production hosts from our development hosts. We made sure we added
them to the hosts.allow file since we are running wrappers. All we have
been getting is closed connections. To make matters worse, this problem
is intermitent, and migratory. We have three production hosts, shark,
killer, and beluga. At times either shark or killer have experienced the
problem, but never simultainously, and often both are fine. Beluga has
been fault free. Killer and Beluga are 3.2c DU and Shark is 3.0

2) This morning our 3 MIPS/Ultrix hosts stopped being able to use yp to
look up host names. The problem went away all by itself, but it is
disturbing none the less. Shark and Killer from the above problem are
the yp servers.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas you all might have. I would also
appreciate the address to download tcp wrappers.

Thanks,

-cliff