SWAPPING IN OSF/1 V3.2

From: Robin <petroisd_at_trinidad.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 13:31:24 -0400

Help,

We are running an oracle application that calls oracle stored procedures in
another oracle database under OSF/1.

Problem - our users on the machine making the calls sometimes get an
ORA-1003 or ORA 06550. Our Applications vendor on machine B (SAP) has
suggested that it may be SWAP space too small, or not enough file handlers
or network problems. SQL*NET is used for the comms. from one box to the other.

Machine B - the machine with the stored procedures is not reporting any erors.

On doing a swapon -s machine A is usually showing > 50% of swap space available.
However a "ps ax" shows many processes in the "W" status. The main memory is
256MB and swap is 512MB.

We have tried many things to try to solve this problem but no solution.
There is another OSF/1 box, machine C, that also calls the same stored
procedures but they don't report any problems. Machine A usually has about
60 users. Machine C usually has about 10.

We have looked everywhere and no solution yet!!!

Any, Any help would be appreciated. Does any one know if ORACLE has a
similar lists.

Robin Bujhawan
Robin Bujhawan
Trinidad & Tobago