C2 Security Files

From: Paula Ramsay <pramsay_at_admin4.hsc.uth.tmc.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 96 10:17:28 -0500

Hi, all........

We physically moved our Alpha box this past weekend and failed to
reattach two external scsi drives. Once powered up, we received an error
in fsck indicating that a file was corrupted: /etc/auth/system/ttys. DEC
support informed us that it was a C2 security file and said to remove it.
 Once we tried to reboot, we received an exception error in our /usr
advfs. At that point it was recommended to restore the whole advfs from
backup. Can anyone tell me what that file does, why it impacted our
advfs, and could we have just restored that file alone from our root
backup?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Paula

Paula Ramsay
Database Coord./Information Services
UT Houston Health Science Center
(713) 500-2268 Fax (713) 500-2211
eMail: pramsay_at_admin4.hsc.uth.tmc.edu