Failed logins (auth.log)

From: Mr. Jolt Cola <msmith_at_quix.robins.af.mil>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 09:56:19 -0400 (EDT)

I haven't seen this come across before so HOPEFULLY its not in
the archives. ;)

According to the Security manual (3.2C) the default security
system logs failed logins in /var/adm/syslog.dated/<date>/auth.log
I have enhanced security enabled as well. I noticed it when some
users were complaining about accounts being locked, but when I
checked the auth log there was no failed login for that user. I tested
it myself, account will lock due to failure but there is no record
of it at all. I do get logs for failed su and root logins, however.
My guess is I have something NOT enabled or configured.

Help? :)

        Melvin