samba (again)

From: Bob Findlay <bob.findlay_at_bbsrc.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 09:31:12 -0800

Thanks for your responses so far, from them, I see I need to give more
details.

(1 other person has the same problem btw)

I am using a standard ufs file system.
I have tried a volume with quotas, and a volume without quotas.

Please don't try this on a live system, as you may well have to restart
samba if you get the same problem as me!

This is using wfw3.11 and mstcp, and the very latest version of samba.

Try creating ~30* 1mb files on your PC, and transferring them to a samba
volume. The first few files transfer fine, but then subsequent files
take longer and longer to transfer, and finally I get the message "file
system is full or write protected". I will have several files created
that are 0 bytes long, and a smbd process owned by the username I was
using, that needs to be killed off. You can get a directory listing at
this stage, but if you try deleting the 0 byte files, you get the same
error message. Restarting samba allows you to proceed as normal.

I have tried a previous version of samba, with the same results.

I hope with your help I can track down what is different between my
setup and yours!

I will go and try this as root, to see if that makes a difference...

--
Bob
Opinions expressed are not those of my employer.  I doubt if they're