SUMMARY:C2 security and NIS with DU 4.0

From: <colleen_at_du40.persimmon.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 96 15:12:47 -0500

Original question:

I looked through the archives for this one but I couldn't find
anything. I'm trying to set up a workstation running 4.0.
I can't seem to get it to run NIS along with C2 security from
our server running 3.2C. On other 3.2 workstations I set up
NIS client and enhanced security on the client and mount /tcb
from the server and it works great. This doesn't seem to
work on the 4.0 workstation. Has anyone else run into this
problem?

Thanks to Brian Sherwood <sherwood_at_esu.edu>

I just needed to add the auth line to the svc.conf file on the 4.0 machine.

auth=local,yp

Thanks,
Colleen Harry