Installing Add'l PCI SCSI Adapters

From: David Krinsky <krinsky_at_hcs.harvard.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 02:33:44 -0500 (EST)

Could someone please send instructions for how to configure DU 4.0 on an
AlphaStation 233/255 to use an additional SCSI adapter?

I have installed a PCI SCSI card (an NCR 53C810) in the second PCI slot
from the top. The ROM quite happily recognizes it; all hard drives
attached to it show up as "dkb?00" when "show dev" is typed at the boot
prompt.

However, DU doesn't recognize the second adapter upon booting. I have
tried various kernel configurations, but I have not yet found upon the
correct one.

Can someone possibly point me in the right direction towards getting the
kernel to recognize it? Once the kernel sees it, what else is needed, or
is setting up higher-numbered rz? and rrz? device files enough?

Many thanks in advance. A summary of responses will of course be posted.

Dave.