Q. How to control with LAT Printer/queues

From: Isaac <I.O.Oribioye_at_herts.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 96 16:22:58 GMT

Hello gurus,

I need some help regarding LAT Printers/Queues....I am in the process of
transferring LAT Print Services from our Vax Cluster to our new Alpha 2100
box. I know next to nothing about LAT.
I have gleaned enough info from this list and the archives to help me set
two LAT printers off two different Terminal servers. To set this printers I
used...

        latcp -A -p tty1G -H DS707 -R PORT_5

using terminal server DS707 Port 5.

I tried printing, successfully, though the job took it's time coming out on
the Dec 300 Laser attached.

Since that time, each time I send a job to the queue, and do an lpq on it I
get the following message..."Thu Nov 14 15:25:50 1996: waiting for 6 to
become ready (offline ?)" where 6 is the printer on lp6. The job eventually
disappears into a black hole after a long wait. Am I over-looking something?
Do I need to do anything on the terminal servers? The print service works on
the VAX end of things with little problems. I have attached my /etc/printcap
below....BTW I changed Page length and width after my 1st successful
attempt, or am I just being superstituos here!

lp6|6|sys$person|LP$PERSON:\
        :br#9600:\
        :ct=LAT:\
        :fc#0177777:\
        :ff=\f:\
        :fs#03:\
        :if=/usr/lbin/ln03of:\
        :lf=/usr/adm/lp6err:\
        :lp=/dev/tty1G:\
        :mx#0:\
        :of=/usr/lbin/ln03of:\
        :pl#60:\
        :pw#132:\
        :rw:\
        :sd=/usr/spool/lpd6:\
        :xc#0177777:\
        :xf=/usr/lbin/xf:\
        :xs#044000:

Thanks in advance for any help!

Isaac Oribioye
* University of Hertfrdshire * Phone: +44 (0)1707
284912 (direct) *
* College Lane, Hatfield * Fax: +44 (0)1707 284041
*
* Hertfordshire * Email::
manxioa_at_herts.ac.uk *
* England, AL10 9AB *