3000/400 SROM upgrade for DU4.0

From: <brh2u_at_gibbs.ms.Virginia.EDU>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 96 12:56:18 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade to Digital Unix V4.0. My firmware is version 6.7
and palcode is version 1.45. I'm currently running OSF version 2.0 on
a 3000/400.

After being unable to boot of the Operating System CD( Medium Error: bad
block number 1279996), I talked to someone who said the SROM needed
upgrading. As suggested I ordered a SROM HA9530 333E7. I have
perused the archives(have seen the question not answer) and DEC release
notes and been unable to verify that I have the right chip, or any other
pitfalls I should expect for this upgrade.

If anyone can tell me whether I'm on the right track with the SROM and
any references to installation or the upgrade, I would be grateful. I'm
new
to system administration so if I've forgotten to include pertinent
information
please tell me and I will try again.

Thanks for all help,

Brian