Portmapper not responding

From: Nicci Roth <nicci_at_ox.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 11:12:44 -0500

Hi all,

When I shutdown one of my AlphaStation 600 5/333 running DU3.2D-1, I get
the following message right before switching to console for shutdown:
        Portmapper not responding,still trying
I checked my /sbin/rc3.d directory and nfs goes down before inetd. I
thought this was how it was supposed to work. What else should I check?
Any help is most appreciated. I will summarize.

Thanks,
Nicci
--
Nicci Roth