Turning off CDE and Open 3D under DU 4.0b

From: <rrens_at_hcia.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 10:51:03 -0600

Richard Renshaw
03/27/97 12:51 PM

To: alpha-osf-managers _at_ ornl.gov
cc:
Subject: Turning off CDE and Open 3D under DU 4.0b

I'm tryng to upgrade an AlphaStation 255/233 from 3.2-d2 to 4.0b, the
problem that I'm running into is this: After a couple of minutes of
running the GUI, the machine will machine check and die. DEC Tech support
has told me that this is a problem with Open 3D and CDE and it can be fixed
with the 4.2 version of Open 3D on the Layered Product CD from Jan 1997. We
are in the process of getting this CD, but until we get a copy it would be
nice to have the station still running. What is the best way to disable
Open 3D and CDE until I can fix the conflict?