SUMMARY: Daylight Saving - setting system time

From: Matthew Calthrop +44 (0) 171 542 5317 <"Matthew>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 17:21:15 +0000 (GMT)

Solution was to create a link (symbolic, or hard) called localtime in
/etc/zoneinfo to point to the correct file. In my case:

# cd /etc/zoneinfo
# ln -s ./GB-Eire localtime

and of course now I have to go and change the system time back an hour.

thanks to those who responded double-time!

Miguel Mena (migi_at_zuo.dec.com)
Sheila Hollenbaugh (shollen_at_cs.wright.edu)
Eric Z. Ayers (eric_at_compgen.com)
Alan Oborne (OBORNE_at_CARDIFF.AC.UK)
Lucio Chiappetti (lucio_at_ifctr.mi.cnr.it)

Matt
matthew.calthrop_at_reuters.com
Reuters
London