Samba question

From: Jim Jones <jrjones_at_comsource.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 08:52:56 -0600 (CST)

We are looking at using samba for an application. The application
requires use to be able to move files to a pc. Test from the alpha that a
new file has been produced, copy the file back to the alpha. I can see
that samba will work very well for personnel file sharing but I have not
figured out how it can replace nfs. Based on information from the list,
people have summarized that samba can replace nfs. What I want to do is
mount a directory structure on a pc so I can transfer files back and forth
under program control.

Any info would be appreciated.

jim jones
jrjones_at_comsource.net