SUMMARY: Internal ISA modem

From: Ryan Thomas McBride <rtmcbrid_at_sfu.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 09:08:56 -0800 (PST)

>I installed an isa bus modem in a DEC 2000-300 (jensen) Running DUnix
>3.2c. In the ECU, I configured it as a GENERIC OSF/1 com port, Com 3. The
>modem, of course, is configured to Com 3.
>
>When the machine boots, I get the ace1 detected message, but either there
>is no file connected to the modem in the /dev directory, or I can't find
>it.

Well, I got the modem working! In fact, I it may have been working all
along. I tested /dev/tty01 and diddnt get a response, so I assumed that
/dev/tty001 was connected to the second serial port. I deleted /dev/tty01
and rebuilt it with the command ./MAKEDEV ace1, and I am now able to dial
the modem.

Thanks to:
Jeffrey G. Micono 6533 (Ktech) [jgmicon_at_sandia.gov]
Kurt Knochner [Kurt.Knochner_at_Physik.TU-Muenchen.DE]
Craig I. Hagan [hagan_at_cih.com]

for their tips.

-Ryan

P.S. Now that the first serial port is /dev/tty00 and the modem is
/dev/tty01, what is the second serial port connected to? And is there any
way to get hardware flow control on the built in serial ports?

--
Ryan McBride
rtmcbrid_at_sfu.ca