SUMMARY: rpcgen source?

From: Jeff Higgins <HIGGINS_at_aces.k12.ct.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 10:18:17 -0500 (EST)

I asked if it was safe to make the free Sun release of rpcgen under DU 4.0a or
if I could load rpcgen from the distribution CD. I was having a hard time
finding mention of where rpcgen comes from - I had the man page but no binary.

Paul A Sand <pas_at_hopper.unh.edu> wrote:

>On my 4.0b system, rpcgen is in the OSFPGMR410 (``Standard Programmer
>Commands (Software Development'') subset.

And in fact I installed it successfully - and was able to make Satan 1.1.1,
which calls it, right away. (Under 4.0a, it's the same subset, but the number
is ISFPGMR405).

Regarding Satan, Patrick Farley (farley_at_Manassas1.TDS-GN.LMCO.COM) wrote:

>Just a quick note, I had problems getting the thing to work.
>I wrote a message to Satan's author and he pointed me to the newest version.
>Worked flawlessly.

>This was 3.2D though.

>You may want to download the newest version.

The newest version is 1.1.1, as far as I can tell from Web sites and the
lastest freeware distribution from DEC. I have yet to put it through its paces,
but it did make under 4.0a, with the rpcgen from DEC.

Thank you, gentlemen.

Jeff Higgins
ACES Technology Services
Hamden, CT