Integrating SUN with Digital running NIS and Enhanced Security

From: Surash Natarajan <SURASH_at_omc.otis.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 01:06:00 -0400

We currently have a Digital AlphaServer 2000 4/233 running DU 3.2c and a
number of AlphaStations of various models running DU 4.0. The server is
acting as the NIS master server and one of the workstations is acting as
a NIS slave server, and the rest are NIS clients. We have also
implemented C2 Enhanced Security to work with NIS on all the machines.
Very soon we will be getting a SUN Ultra Enterprise 3000 and we wish to
integrate this machine into the existing Digital environment.

I would like to know if anyone has done a similar setup in their
environment and the problems or issues to look out for. My main concern
is getting the NIS and C2 Enhanced Security of Digital UNIX to work with
SUN Solaris. Any response will be much appreciated.

Surash Natarajan
OTIS Engineering Center
surash_at_omc.otis.com