SUMMARY: updating profile and unlocking root

From: Chris Pressley <chrisp_at_tidalwave.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 23:07:48 -0400

My problem is solved, but I'm still a little confused. My root account was
locked, although I could su to root. I couldn't load the XSysAdmin program
however. Most everyone correctly told me to use the hash, su -, so I could
then load the XSysAdmin program and unlock the account. A few more gave me
another method, modifying the trusted computing base record for root (DEC
has always told me not to modify these files, although they appear to be
just flat text files).

Anyway, here is the confusion. The :u_lock_at_:chkent: line appeared both
times, while the account was locked AND when it was unlocked. The
formatting of the file was neater and cleaner, however, after unlocking the
account. At any rate, it is now unlocked. Thanks to all who responded.

Richard Eisenman
Pam Woods
Tim O'Connor
Mike Smith