UPDATE SUMMARY: Digital Documentation Q

From: Randy M. Hayman <haymanr_at_icefog.sois.alaska.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 97 09:50:43 -0800

I had posted:

|>I've been reading the fine V4.0 Digital UNIX manuals and ran across the
|>following:

|>So, where do I find the "Guide to File System Administration for the POLYCENTER
|>Advanced File System and Utilities for Digital UNIX" manual?? I haven't
|>been able to locate it yet.

Dr. Tom Blinn responded that he couldn't find it, and he recommended to the
Advfs Product Manager that this document be included in the Base OS
documentation.

James Sainsbury <sainsb_j_at_chem.usyd.edu.au> responded with
|>Associated Products vol 2 (DU4.0b)
|>/cdrom/DOCUMENTATION/AFA/{BOOKREADER,HTML,POSTSCRIPT,TEXT}
|>which are symlinked to /cdrom/AFA402/documentation/...

"William H. Magill" <magill_at_isc.upenn.edu> responded with
|>As I recall, I once got a copy of this manual (or some other similarly
|>obscure AdvFS doc) as a postscript file - (Probably back in the OSF/1 and
|>LVM days when AdvFS first came out) I think it was actually burried in the
|>doc directory of the Layered Products CD.
|>
|>(I'll have to go mount the April on-line docs and the layered products
|>CDs to find out.)
|>
|>As I recall, It was only on the Layered products version, not on the comp
|>products version (or maybe it was the other way around.)

Well, I did find the document in the place James Sainsbury identified, but
nowhere in any of the AFA402 documentation is there any mention of the
attributes identified in my original posting. Not in the bookreader, PS, html
or text documents.

So it looks like the documentation for AdvFS has some dangling references,
so I'm still without an answer...

Randy Hayman
haymanr_at_icefog.alaska.edu