getting AfterStep up and going

From: Chester Liu <cht_at_rati.pse.umass.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 12:30:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hello!

        I just downloaded AfterStep, the window manager that is
a rip-off of NextStep. It seemed to have installed OK. I even got
it to run by killing mwm and executing afterstep manually.

 I'm currently using the CDE login manager with DU 4.0b. In the login
screen, there is a popup menu that will let you choose the mwm (Motif
window manager) instead of the CDE window manager for that session.

My questions are:

1) how can I add AfterStep as a choice to that menu?

2) is there a script that I can run to switch between the window managers
if I am logged in already?

Thanks for your help!
Chester Liu

Chester Liu			cht_at_rati.pse.umass.edu
Polymer Science & Engineering
University of Massachusetts	This space is intentionally left blank so
Amherst, MA 01003		you can ponder what a life without God is like.

Office: Room B-242 and A-225
	(413) 577-2242
http://rati.pse.umass.edu/~cht