ADvFS crashes system

From: Karl-Heinz Dewenter <mkhd_at_aeg-atlas.de>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 12:22:39 +0200

Hi Managers!

After I had a crashed sytemdisk that of course crashed the whole system
I managed to install a new systemdisk and to rebuild the /etc/fdmns
directory, so I could mount the filesystems on the other disks.

But there was an error with one of them! On every write-access to
that filestystem the advfs crashed the whole OS!
The filessystem was readable, so we could do a save, rebuild the domain and
restore, but we don't know about the reason for this behaviour.
Does anybody know of errors like this one?

The system is a DEC3000/600 with DU 3.2 G.
The domain was spanned on two rz29 disks (both c-partitions)

Are there any patches concerning problems like the described?

Thanks

        Karl-Heinz Dewenter
        AEG-Atlas, Germany