help on rdump

From: Miguel A. Avillez <mavillez_at_fis.ce.uevora.pt>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 10:50:17 +0000 (GMT)

hi all

well I think I have a problem with a tape streamer in one of our alphas.
The problem is:

I can dump filesystems from the tape streamer, but cannot rdump
filesystems from other machines and I got the following error

bash# /usr/sbin/rdump 0uf streamer.host:/dev/nrmt0a /
rdump: Dumping from host astro.ce.uevora.pt
rdump: Date of this level 0 dump: Mon May 19 10:45:32 1997 GMT
rdump: Date of last level 0 dump: the start of the epoch
rdump: Dumping /dev/rrz0a (/) to /dev/nrmt0a on host streamer.host
rdump: Mapping (Pass I) [regular files]
rdump: Mapping (Pass II) [directories]
rdump: rmt_reply(): Protocol to remote tape server botched (code OSF1
)
rdump: Communication error in connection to remote peer
rdump: SIGTERM received
rdump: The ENTIRE dump is aborted
rdump: SIGTERM received
rdump: The ENTIRE dump is aborted

here streamer.host is the host machine of tape streamer.
.rhosts in streamer.host is fine.

would appreciate suggestions.

cheers

miguel