SUMMARY connection reset by peer problem

From: Morrison, Kathy D. <MORRIKD1_at_central.ssd.jhuapl.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 12:10:09 -0400

I received an answer from Robert L. McMillin( rlm_at_syseca-us.com) that
reminded me to check the permissions on /.rhosts; they should be 755 or
700. Thanks, Robert.
I checked this and changed the permissions, but the problem remains.

I'm going to check with DEC regarding any problems with Networker v 4.2A
connections, after backing up remote clients.

One odd thing is that I can "fix" the rsh <remotehost> by doing the
following
On node_one, I do an rsh node_two and get a connection reset by peer
error message
On node_two, I do an rsh node_one - works fine
On node_one, I try again to do an rsh node_two - works fine - no error
message, I get a connection.
the fix doesn't last, but is temporary..... sigh

My orig question below.

> Hi all,
> I'm having a problem when I try to rsh between some nodes on my
network.