Q: decswitch 900EE -- How to configure?

From: <ole-christian.schroder_at_nopow.abb.no>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 11:18:05 +0100

Hello all,
I have 2 networks -- 1 PC-network and 1 DU (Alpha 255 and 1000) network (both
TCP/IP). Only selected PCes should be allowed to access the DU network for
running some MMC software.
I am going to use a DECswitch 900 EE to control what PCes that are allowed to
enter the DU network (from their IP-adresses). How do I accomplish this ? All
the doc I have is the DECswitch 900 EE installation guide, and all I can find
there that seems to remotely adress my problem is how to add SNMP Trap
adresses. Since I dont know what and SNMP trap adress is or does (yep, please
enlighten me), I am kind of reluctant to just jump for that option.

Anyone know what should I do ? Is it the SNMP trap adresses I should add ? Do I
need some other piece of software ? Is the options for adding ip-adresses to
filter through in some menu that is not described in the manual I have ? (I
dont have the switch here, so I cant check) - any suggestions are most welcome.
TIA

++Ole